Our Referral Process
Time frame from referral to admission is approximately 7 weeks. Clients and caregivers are encouraged to have a TB test and physical within the past year to avoid admission delays due to long wait times for medical appointments.
- Once a referral is made, an AFC social worker will call the family to discuss the program and eligibility.
- If the program seems like a good match, the social worker will schedule a home assessment visit.
- At the home assessment, the social worker and nurse will evaluate the safety of the home, the health needs of the participant and the ability of the caregiver to meet the needs of the participant.
- The social worker and nurse will request family medicals necessary for state approval, including recent physical exams and TB tests.
- AFC submits the assessment to the state for approval.