Stress is a part of the holiday season for most of us and is especially the case for caregivers. To help you cope better, we have compiled a list of the most effective stress relief strategies that the caregivers in our program use. Try one you haven’t used before and see if it helps you this holiday season.
- Try to let go of unrealistic expectations about your work and chores
- Talk to others about the stress you’re feeling
- Take one day at a time
- Pay attention to something good happening in your life
- Work towards accepting things that you cannot change
- Do something that you really enjoy on a regular basis, such as walking, reading a book, watching a favorite TV show, or getting your nails done